Tight on money, time or space? No problem — you can still log a solid workout at home and lose weight as a result. To make the host of your home workouts, prioritize moves that elevate your heart rate and strengthen your whole body.
Not sure where to start? Below are the best expert-approved exercises that'll help you lose weight with minimal (or no) equipment.
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, arms by your sides. 2. Bend your knees as you reach forward to place your hands on the floor. 3. Jump (or step) your legs straight out behind you into a plank, and then hop (or step) your legs back under your body. 4. Jump straight up into the air as you reach your arms overhead. (Take out the jump if needed.) 5. End with your knees slightly bent and go directly into the next rep.
1. Hold the handle of a moderate-weight kettlebell in between your legs with your feet shoulder-width apart. 2. Squat while keeping your back flat. 3. Then, drive through the legs to return to a standing position as you pull the kettlebell to shoulder height, elbows out. 4. Lower the kettlebell back to between your legs and squat again.
1. Stand with your feet between hip- and shoulder-width apart. Hold a dumbbell or kettlebell against your chest. 2. Keeping your core tight, neck neutral, back flat and dumbbell or kettlebell in contact with your body, lower into a squat until your elbows touch your knees. 3. Then, drive your heels into the ground as you return to standing.
1. Start in the middle of your mat with your feet shoulder-width apart. 2. Leap to the right, landing on your right leg only on the right side of your mat. Your left leg should tuck behind your right calf. 3. Jump across to the other side of the mat onto your left leg. Your right leg should now be tucked behind your left calf. 4. Repeat.
1. Start in a side plank, supporting yourself on your bottom elbow and placing your top arm behind your head. 2. Rotate your top elbow toward the floor as if you were trying to tuck it toward your torso. 3. Keep your pelvis level with little to no rotation. You should feel tension in your obliques (sides of your abs). 4. Bring the elbow back toward the starting position behind your head. That's one rep.
1. While in a high plank, perform a set of mountain climbers, bringing one knee up to the chest, and then switching (left, right, left, right). 2. Then, jump your feet apart, toward the outside of your mat, and back together four times, like you're doing a jumping jack on the floor. 3. After performing the plank jacks, complete another set of mountain climbers..
1. Holding a dumbbell in each hand, perform two bent-over rows (lean forward at 45 degrees, let the dumbbells hang in front of your chest, and then pull them up to the sides of your chest). 2. Then do one high pull (stand up and row the dumbbells from your thighs to your shoulders, elbows flaring out and up). 3. And end with one biceps curl (curl the weights from thighs to shoulders, bending at your elbows).
Lower-Bo Lower-Body Cardio Burn At-Home Workout – 1 minute no-push-up burpees – 30 seconds goblet squats – 2 minutes skater jumps (30 seconds on, 30 seconds off) – 1 minute plank jacking mountain climbers – Rest 30 seconds – Repeat 3 timesdy Cardio Burn At-Home Work
Best Weight Loss Exercises You Can Do at Home